In our parents' generation, things where much more predetermined. You could be an engineer...a doctor...a teacher, and these titles defined who you were as a person. The engineer - smart and well-educated; the doctor - heroic; and the teacher compassionate. These statements were still valid even when I was growing up - who doesn't remember the Nickelodeon sitcom from the 90's of two grannies bragging about their doctor / lawyer sons ?
Currently, however, things are slightly different. I thing that the invention of the internet caused the change. The internet introduces a new array of possible career paths and opportunities. It also made information a lot more available, brought content from overseas, and made the world seem smaller and approachable. Nowadays the answer to the question "what kind of person do I want to be?" is completely up to us. So what kind of person do I want to be?
Who is Juliette Gold?
- She is graceful and elegant. She knows how to behave like a lady.
- She treats everyone she meets with respect.
- She keeps a positive outlook on life. On her "thunderstorms and horseshit mood" days she just keeps to herself, to avoid upsetting others as well.
- She always strives to learn new skills and to improve the ones she already knows.
- She embraces life and enjoys every day to its fullest extent.
- Her work inspires and influences people.
- She knows who she is and what she stands for.
Juliette gold is the girl who would dance in an empty room with no music on, just to enjoy herself and have a good time.
|"The Ghostly Dancer", sketch by Juliette Gold, July 2012|
How would you describe your ideal persona? Which qualities would it have?