September 1, 2012

The September Issue



The September Issue


The September Issue, a sketch by Juliette Gold

Letter from the editor


Dear Juliette Gold Readers,


Fall marks change, and as anna winthour had said, “Vogue is a fashion magazine, and a fashion magazine is about change.” [*]

The summer months were soaked with fun in the sun. They were marked by joyous creations, sketching in air-conditioned coffee shops, and a "summer makeover" [a habit still left around from my high school days]. Yet, as fall sneaks upon us the colors seem to deem and fade. Fall, as in "falling back into reality", brings us back from our beach-side vacations to the vibrant cities. [or stay-cations, if we live by the beach; or one-day-here-and-there-is-all-it-takes-no-cations, if we're me] Fall, as in "falling leaves" and "falling rain", creates a vibe of lovely melanchilia. And finally, fall, as in "falling inlove with Tel Aviv", brings us my first-ever fashion collection.

Speaking of change, the transition from buying clothes to designing them was quite spectacular. It allowed me to sit back, ponder, and define fall for myself. I was able to create a clear vision of what I want to show, and how I want fall to be presented. Rather than just buying "what fits, and looks nice", I could create something that inspires, motivates, and represents myself.

Yours,
Juliette Gold

[*]“Anna Wintour: Editor of the Year,” by Judith Newman. Adweek, February 12, 1990. Source: Vogue

4 comments:

  1. LOVE YOUR BLOG. So cute.

    http://littleurbansweetheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you'll enjoy the new "September" spin as well [:

      Delete
  2. You are very talented, love your sketches.
    And the post is so well written. :)

    Ivana
    http://ruedetreschic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the positive feedback! I do have a lot to learn though [:

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...